Roath Park Lighthouse graphic print
The land for Roath Park was donated to the city in 1887, primarily by the Marquis of Bute. The park was officially opened to the public in 1894. Work initially focused on creating the lake from an area of marshland. In 1915 a lighthouse was constructed in the lake containing a scale model of the 'Terra Nova' ship to commemorate Captain Scott's ill-fated voyage to the Antarctic from Cardiff in 1910. Today, the park's atmosphere today still retains the Victorian elegance of years gone by. Designed, printed and packaged with love in Wales.
Candid Creative Studio